Goooood Morning! How are we all this morning, I hope you’ve had a fun weekend and are raring to go into this new week. I’ve felt a lot more chilled out this weekend, I think I have at last realised that I can’t do everything on my own and have stopped worrying that the house looks a bit of a tip or if I didn’t clean the bathrooms at the weekend. Everything can wait! It’s actually quite liberating and I definitely feel a lot better for it. I’ve also been trying to up my physical activity a bit over the weekend as I’ve become a bit of a potato sat at my computer day and night over the past few weeks! On Saturday, Andrew took Phoebe swimming and Bungo and I set off on a long walk – we went for miles and it felt wonderful! My legs were really aching by the end so I imagine poor little Bungo was pretty exhausted as he’s got such tiny legs! On Sunday I took Archie to Milton Keynes where he was performing in his first drama festival. He and a friend from school were acting a scene from Blood Brothers. He was more nervous than I have ever seen him, but he needn’t have worried. They both performed brilliantly and we were very shocked when they were awarded first place! What an achievement! He’s now looking forward to the next one!
Happiness is something that I write a lot about. This blog is definitely my happy place and, even if nobody ever reads it, it allows me the opportunity to think and write happy thoughts which, in turn, makes my day better! I do like to think that maybe those thoughts might help make someone else’s day better too. As I have been pulling my Monday Motivation Quotes from the Jar I was given this year, I don’t have a lot of say over what comes next so I was unsure when this quote about happiness came out. I don’t want to ram happiness down people’s throats but I also know that spreading a little happiness is always a good thing. So I decided to roll with it and share 10 things that are making me happy right now.
Forcing yourself to think about reasons why you should be happy definitely helps accentuate those things. It makes you focus on those positives and highlight them. A few weeks ago I wrote about trying to find a positive in every day and I feel like this is very similar. Even when we are at our lowest and most miserable, trying to think of one thing that makes you happy is sure to put a smile on your face…even if it’s only a temporary one! So here are my 10 things that bring happiness into my life right now:
- Home – I love being at home, it is my sanctuary. Even when it’s a tip I still love it and always feel happy in it. Now I am working at home everything just feels right.
- Spring is on its way – we’ve had some beautiful weather these last few days and the lighter evenings always put a smile on my face. The other afternoon, at about 5pm I was walking the dog through the park and lots of children were out playing in the fresh air which was great to see.
- Work – I am enjoying my job which is something I haven’t been able to say for quite a while. I feel that I am now doing something that I am confident doing and feel like I can add value rather than constantly feeling that I’m not quite good enough.
- I am so proud of Archie and his achievement at the drama festival this weekend. It’s the first thing he’s done completely off his own bat without any input from me and I was so impressed with their performance!
- Phoebe has played a lot more on her own this week and, for her, that’s a big step. She’s not great at playing or entertaining herself and will happy sit in front of the TV and colour pictures all day long. But this week she got out the lego and started creating all sorts of models and it was a delight to see.
- I treated Andrew to a lego set for Valentine’s day and it was lovely to see his reaction to a gift he totally wasn’t expecting (I’m not the best at keeping secrets!). Yes he’s a grown man, but he has a love of all things lego and is building a pretty big collection. I had decided we couldn’t actually fit in any more lego in the house, but this was only a small (ish) set so I made an exception!
- Phoebe and I went shopping on Friday and had a bit of a splurge in Primark (haul video soon to be up on our YouTube channel!). She is a girl who loves to shop and, even at 7, I trust her judgment when it comes to how things look on me. We also went out for tea and cake afterwards which was a lovely treat.
- I’m starting to get very excited about our Summer holiday. I booked our seats on the flight last week and it’s starting to feel very real. It’s going to be an amazing adventure and I can’t wait to tell you all more about it as it gets closer!
- Andrew bought me an Amazon Echo Dot! I have wanted one for a while so it was a lovely surprise when it arrived on Friday. She’s mainly been playing us songs from The Greatest Showman (which also make me soooo happy!) but I’m sure we’ll find her useful for other things too!
- Grey’s Anatomy was back last week! I don’t really watch a lot of television and it’s not everyone’s idea of happiness, but I love my hour a week of Grey’s and have been so looking forward to it coming back! Plus The Walking Dead is back next week so that will at least keep me going for the next few months!
So that’s it…these are 10 of the many things that are making me smile right now! I am also happy that we have our health and some wonderful friends and family around us too! What are the things that are bringing you happiness right now? Write them down and see how wonderful it makes you feel 🙂
Until next time…