And a good morning to you all. Welcome to the 18th (yes that’s 18th!) Monday Motivation! I started out doing these Monday Motivation posts simply as I wasn’t sure what to write about each week and thought it would be an easy post to do. As they have developed I really enjoy choosing a quote that I either feel will give people a boost on a Monday morning or something that I feel sums up how I am feeling at that moment.
So today is a bit of both. I am feeling particularly happy today and having felt quite down about the whole job thing (and to be honest there’s not much to feel that great about on that front this week either) but I am refusing to let it effect my mood. I have so many reasons to feel happy and I always find focusing on the positive helps things move forward in a better direction. As a family we try to practice positive thinking and visualisation to help us achieve the things we want in life and so far it has always put us on the right path. The power of the mind is incredible when it comes to achieving your goals and I have always found visualisation quite easy! I think I have quite a vivid imagination and I regularly picture myself in scenarios that I would like to happen in real life and it definitely helps those dreams become a reality.
For today’s Monday Motivation I thought I would list 10 reasons that I have to be happy right now. It doesn’t matter how miserable you might feel, finding reasons to be happy will always help turn that frown upside down!
So here goes:
- The sun! – The weather last week and over the weekend has been just gorgeous. We have been out in the fresh air as much as possible and I feel so much better for it.
- School holidays – working in education definitely has it’s perks and the school holidays top them all. I have 3 blissful weeks stretching ahead of me and I plan to enjoy every second.
- Lie ins – No school run and no work means multiple lie ins and believe me that is definitely something to be happy about! My favourite thing to do in the school holidays is to come down and sort the kids out with breakfast, feed the dogs and then escape back up stairs to bed with a cup of tea and YouTube. Heaven!
- Date night – One of my goals for this year was to have a date night every month. I’m sad to say this has not turned out quite as I had hoped as a lack of childcare and time has meant we have yet to even have one night out just the two of us. Until now! With Archie in America and Phoebe going to a friend’s for her very first sleep over this week we have a night to ourselves. There’s no way we’re staying in and wasting it!
- Archie is having an amazing time :-)! – If you read my last post you will know that Archie is on a basketball tour in the USA with his school team. He is staying with a family in Phoenix for 5 days and then off to LA for another 5 days. He had a few wobbles the night before and on the morning of the trip and then on the first night but he’s now on day 2 and is having an absolute ball! I’m trying not to be the paranoid Mum and message him every 5 minutes but I am so excited to hear about all the fun he’s having, it makes me very happy indeed.
- Holidays – chances are we may not be having a family holiday this year but we have started making plans for our next trip and as soon as I get a job sorted we will start planning in earnest. There are lots of places we would like to go but I have a funny feeling we’ll be journeying back to the States before too long.
- Decorating! – Ok I’m not a huge fan of painting and decorating but I love putting a room together and planning how I want it to look. Phoebe’s room desperately needs a re-design and with Archie away I thought it would be the perfect time to have a bit of a change-around. We are off to Ikea this week to get a few bits to give her a perfect little girl’s bedroom. If things go to plan I will video the transformation and put it up on the blog in the next few weeks.
- Friends – All this time off work means more time to catch up with friends and a great excuse for coffee and cake!
- Kids to be proud of – The children have been doing so well these past few months both inside and outside school. Archie passed his Grade 6 violin with merit (he got exactly the same score that I got when I took mine 28 years ago!), and got a lovely postcard from school congratulating him on his hard work in Music. Phoebe had a great parents evening at school and continues to love her dancing and acro. Even though they can be a nightmare a lot of the time I am very happy to be their Mum!
- This blog, although still very small, has done so much better than I imagined in such a short space of time. I only really started blogging seriously in November and can see it growing month by month. I am thoroughly enjoying sharing my life, thoughts and family with all of you and hope you will continue to enjoy reading the things I have to say.
I’m sure if I thought about it I could come up with lots more reasons to be happy but right now I am content with just knowing that the more I smile and look forward to every day the more likely that day will be filled with happiness and good fortune.
Here’s to a happy week for all of you.