How much water would you say you drink on a daily basis? Do you ever really keep count? I am really bad at making sure I drink enough water so I made it one of my personal goals for 2018. I drink plenty of tea and coffee but apparently they don’t count! I guess I’ve never really felt like I needed to change my lifestyle by drinking more before, however, when I found out it can aid weight loss and help reduce wrinkles I knew it was time to make a change!
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should drink more water:
- Improves Skin Complexion – drinking water will help moisturise your skin giving you a fresher more youthful look and helps get rid of wrinkles!
- Promotes weight loss – it will help fill you up and so will help reduce the amount you eat, it also helps remove the by-products of fat and raises your metabolism.
- Improves kidney function – our kidneys sift out waste from our blood and transport urine to the bladder They need enough fluids to help clear away the waste products that we don’t need – so more water = better kidney function.
- Aids digestion – drinking more water will add fluids to the colon which helps everything move the way it should!
- Maximise Physical Performance – Not drinking enough water, especially during and after exercise can have a negative effect on the body. Dehydration symptoms can be seen after losing as little as 2% of the body’s water content. This can lead to reduced motivation and increased fatigue.
- Keeps joints healthy – water keeps the cartilage between your joints lubricated. Staying properly hydrated will help minimise aches and pains in your joints.
- Helps reduce headaches – Headaches are often caused by dehydration so drinking more water can help prevent these.
- Improves the immune system – It has been said that those who drink plenty of water are less likely to get sick. Water is essential for the healthy function of cells, tissues and organs in the body so drinking lots of it will help your body keep illnesses at bay.
- Improve your brain power – Keeping your body and your brain hydrated will help concentration and keep you feeling refreshed and alert.
- It’s all natural – It has 0 calories and 0 sugar!
If you’re anything like me you’re probably constantly on the go and simply remembering to drink water might just be the issue. I have tried just drinking more glasses of water through the day but I find I easily forget and often end up drinking a lot less than I thought. The European Food Safety Authority recommend that women drink a minimum of 1.6 litres of water per day (for men it’s 2 litres). When I think that I didn’t used to drink any at all most days that’s quite shocking! I think, as with most things, it’s something that needs to become a habit and I felt I needed something to encourage me.
Avon brought out this fab water bottle back at the beginning of the year and I love the way it has completely changed my focus. It holds a whole litre of water so means that I only have to fill it up twice a day and I’ve reached my goal. I love that it has the times down the side so you can easily keep track of how much you’ve drunk and also drink a little each hour throughout the day which makes the 2 litre goal so much more achievable. Most of the time I manage to drink the full two bottles but even if I get through just 1 bottle it’s a whole litre more than I was drinking before!
I talked more about the bottle in my recent monthly favourites video along with some other things I have been loving recently! If you would like to get your hands on one of these really handy bottles and encourage yourself to drink more water then I have one to give away! Click on the link below to enter. If you can’t wait for the competition and want a similar bottle sooner you can get a very similar one here!