It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas….everywhere you go! You can’t get away from it and to be honest I wouldn’t want to! I am fully immersed in the Christmas magic and loving every second. Most of the presents have been bought…still a few to get, the house has been decorated to within an inch of it’s life (we are full on Santa’s grotto!) and I have, at last, written the Christmas cards although they’ve not yet been posted. Wrapping and food shopping are all that’s left this week followed by lots of family fun! We’re off to Kew Gardens to see their Christmas lights this week and there’s also some ice skating and a visit to see Father Christmas on the agenda. I can’t wait to finish work on Tuesday and start really enjoying everything this time of year has to offer.
One of my most favourite things to do at this time of year is watch some Christmas films. I remember the Christmas just after Phoebe was born – I watched so many films at all hours of the day and night. It made the middle of the night feeds and early morning wake ups so much more bearable! I’ve not had much time this year to watch many but yesterday I left all the jobs that needed doing and we sat together and watched A Muppet Christmas Carol and Miracle on 34th Street back to back. The fire was on, we’d been out for a Sunday Roast and it was bliss. I love the message behind a Christmas film…good old fashioned feel good, wholesome, family fun. I was asked this week what my favourite Christmas movie is and I found it absolutely impossible to pick one. Every time you mention a Christmas film I’ll follow with….”Ooh yes…that’s my favourite!”. Put a Christmas film on the TV and all my cares fade away and all my childhood memories and the reasons why I love this time of year come flooding back.
So I can’t pick a favourite but here are my top 10 (in no particular order):
- A Muppets Christmas Carol – This one gets me every time and you can’t help but feel warm and fuzzy inside after watching it!
- Miracle on 34th Street – I’ve never seen the original but the 1994 version is definitely high up on my list.
- The Polar Express – One of the greatest films of all time…not just Christmas films! We went to see a 4-D version a few years back and it was just incredible!
- While you were sleeping – OK this one would probably cause some debate but I love the festive feel of this film and it’s proper Christmas cheese!
- Elf – I actually only watched this all the way through for the first time this year – but it easily made the top 10.
- Arthur Christmas – We went to London to see this when it was on at the cinema but when we got there it was sold out! I was so disappointed and didn’t actually manage to see it until about 3 years later.
- Home Alone – it wouldn’t be Christmas if we didn’t watch Kevin’s adventures at least once!
- The Santa Clause – I love love love this movie. I make sure I watch it every year and it never gets old!
- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation – You can’t beat a good laugh at Christmas and the Griswalds always provide that!
- The Holiday – This one just fills my heart with joy – no better way to explain it!
Today’s Monday Motivation quote is from one of my top 10…any idea which one? What is your favourite Christmas movie or do you struggle, like me, to pick a favourite?
This is the last Monday Motivation of the year and I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my posts. My plan for 2018 is to grow my audience and I’m just hoping I get the opportunity to put the work in that’s required to do that. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year and I hope Father Christmas brings you everything you hope for!